Creating a mood board for your wedding day is a great way to organize your inspiration.
Mood boards not only keep you focused on the aesthetic you want, but as you’re putting them together they help sift through things you might like and lock in on an actual design. It will help you weed out things that don’t match your vision.
We’ve had couples with hundreds of pins saved to their wedding board on Pinterest. It’s a great way to get started and to get an idea of what interests you, but that’s also a way to get overwhelmed. Mood boards keep it simple.
Our event designer, Margette, put together some samples of what she has created for some of our couples. You can see how these boards map out the look and feel of each specific vision, and are a guide to the colors, flowers, and accent pieces that Margette pulled together to make each of these events pop.
Mood Board 1- Romantic Floral Wedding
· Over the top ceremony installations
· Fairy lights and lots of candles
· Lace accent table numbers
Mood Board 2- Dark and Moody with a Pop of Color
· Velvet napkins paring with gold chargers
· Vintage chairs and old school typewriter
· Older books for table numbers
Mood Board 3- Glam
· Bold color table runners
· Disco balls hanging from ceiling, disco accents for tables
· Multi colored candles in fun summer tones
This is your vision, make your board feel like you!!